Inspire Clean Water Art Contest
January 10, 2022 1:00 PM - February 11, 2022 5:00 PM
The Inspire Clean Water Art Contest 2021
Sponsored by the Uptown Martinsville Rotary Club
For youth in grades 3 – 12. Open to all students in the Dan River Basin
Artwork submitted to the contest should focus on the theme “Protecting our rivers and streams and the wildlife that lives in them.” These works of art should be a highly visual learning tool about the importance of protecting our waterways through protection of storm drains.
Nine winners will be announced in March, 2022 – three from elementary, three from middle, and three from high school. Of those nine winners, three finalists, one from elementary, middle and high school, will be selected to re-create their artwork on a storm drain in Uptown Martinsville, VA in Spring, 2022. Finalists will be recognized in regional media and on the Dan River Basin Association’s website and e-newsletter in Spring, 2022. All nine winners will receive a goody bag of nature items!
All submitted artwork should focus on the theme of protecting our rivers and streams and the wildlife that lives in them.
1. Only one submission per student.
2. Student must be willing to paint their design on a storm drain in the spring of 2022 in Martinsville City. All paint materials will be provided.
3. Submissions must be on an 11” x 8.5” plain/printer paper. Artwork should be landscape layout.
4. You may use pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker to draw your picture. Think colorfully! See attached storm drain art examples for ideas.
5. You must include your name, school name, and grade level on the back of your paper.
6. DEADLINE EXTENDED! Deadline to submit your art work is February 11th, 2022. Winners will be announced in March, 2022.
For questions, please contact Krista Hodges at email@example.com.
Submissions will be collected by your teacher and mailed to our office by February 11th, 2021.
Please mail to:
Dan River Basin Association
Attn: Krista Hodges
Henry County Administration Building
3300 Kings Mountain Road
Martinsville, VA 24112
Storm Drain Art Examples: Please encourage local wildlife found in the Dan River Basin.