Learn more about the issues of the Dan River Basin
The Dan River Basin Association (DRBA) exists to preserve and promote the natural and cultural resources of the Dan River Basin. Did you know that DRBA also works to support clean air and healthy water throughout our region? When necessary, DRBA actively opposes threats to these resources.
DRBA promotes the rivers for multiple uses, including recreation and commercial and municipal growth. We believe that, with careful planning, natural and cultural preservation and economic development can occur hand-in-hand. The unspoiled rivers, the region's unique and greatest resource, will be at the center as the sixteen counties of the Basin build a diverse economy, which must be based in part on new ideas.
We cannot do this important work without you. Please join us by making a tax-deductible donation to the Stewardship Fund today. Your gift will be dedicated to promoting healthy water and clean air and opposing current and future threats to these assets. Our goal is to preserve clean air and drinking water for generations to come.
Give to the Stewardship Fund
DRBA's Stewardship Fund is currently supporting:
- Programs and efforts for remediation and long-term monitoring of the Duke Energy Coal Ash Spill.
- Work with legal advisors and partners to ensure the Ban on Uranium Mining remains in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Collaboration with partners across Virginia and North Carolina to inform citizens about pipeline development efforts and potential threats to our waterways and citizen rights.
- Grassroots efforts and advocacy related to hydrolic fracturing (fracking) threats in the Dan River Basin watershed.
- Programs, citizen cleanups and remediation of illegal dumping and littering both on land and water,
If you wish to support these efforts, please consider a donation to the Stewardship Fund.