The best way to help DRBA accomplish its mission of protecting and promoting the Dan River Basin through education, recreation and stewardship is to become a member. As a member, you'll get the chance to experience the outdoors in unique ways and have the opportunity to attend private events.
DRBA offers memberships for:
Your donation to the Dan River Basin Association helps us:
- develop programming to teach children and adults about the importance of conservation
- support nature summer camps throughout the basin
- provide in-classroom workshops
- work with farmers and businesses to promote environmentally-friendly practices
- build trails and river accesses
- sponsor clean-up events on trails and rivers
- conduct water quality testing
- partner with civic groups, nonprofit organization and other groups to help people get outdoors
In addition to a financial gift, consider a gift of your time! Volunteer opportunities at DRBA cover three main areas:
- Learn - Help kids, families and employees learn more about conservation and preservation of our natural and cultural resources.
- Play - Lead hikes, floats and other recreational outings to help people enjoy the healthy benefits of the outdoors.
- Care - Participate in clean-ups, trail building, water quality testing, streamside restoration and other stewardship activities.
If you are concerned about advocacy and protection of our natural and cultural resources, please consider a gift to our Stewardship Fund. These donations are specifically allocated to crisis projects that threaten our water, air and land. To find out about the issues affecting the health and wellness of our natural resources right now, click here.