The Dan River Valley Heritage Initiative (DRVHI)
The purpose of the DRVHI is to collaborate with appropriate partners to market the region to tourists, new businesses and relocating families to enhance economic development in the region.
- Determine how to best document and assemble information regarding natural, cultural, scenic, historic, and recreational resources. Identify the features that define the Dan River Valley as a region. Consider how to brand the region and assess image. Develop web resources to assemble information and provide Internet portal for the Dan River Valley.
- Identify and assemble DRVHI steering committee and smaller working groups. Achieve consensus on vision, mission and strategy. Address committee composition, geographic representation (counties, cities, towns), areas of interest (trails, rivers, music heritage, historic preservation, adaptive reuse, etc.) and expertise (city planning, heritage areas, marketing/branding, tourism, economic development, information technology, preservation, etc.).
- Acquire support, both monetary and non-monetary.
- Ask Localities to Adopt a Resolution in Support of DRVHI
- Meet with Elected and Appointed Officials
- Continue to Hold Larger Public or "Steering Committee" Meetings
- Create Web Tool for Cultural and Heritage Resource Inventory or Data Base
- Establish DRVHI Presence