Water levels in the Dan River Basin
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) has a very extensive network of streamgages. These gages are placed in the nation's rivers for invaluable information to many people including planners, recreational use, farmers, and the general public. To learn more about stream gages and your watershed follow the importance of streamgages and Streamgages-Measuring the pulse of our Nation's Rivers links.
These USGS gages are a valuable resource for making your outing to the Dan River Basin safe and enjoyable.
- Dan River near Francisco, NC
- Dan River near Wentworth, NC
- North Mayo near Spencer, VA
- Mayo River near Price, NC
- South Mayo near Nettleridge, VA
- Smith River at Eden, NC
- Smith River near Philpott Lake, VA
- Smith River at Martinsville, VA
- Banister River at Halifax, VA
Never paddle in flood stages or even just below flood stages!